Blogloving

And then everything changed

Samstag, 18. Juli 2015

24 Pieces of Wisdom I've learned in 24 Years

Yesterday I turned 24 and I think it's save to say that by now I should be an adult. I do adult stuff, I work, I pay taxes, I clean my apartment. But if you think this means that I have the whole adult thing figured out, you're wrong. To be honest, in most areas of my life I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. But there are some things I do know and I came to believe are true. Those are my 24 Pieces of Wisdom I've learned in 24 Years.



1. Love is the most incredible thing you will ever experience.

2. Problems are inevitable. The trick is to keep on going despite them.

3. You don't have to live your life like everyone else. The classic CV (job, marriage, kids) is just a suggestion, it's not the only way to hapiness.

4. Family is important. Treat them well. Keep the close.

5. If you found someone you love and who loves you, do everything in your power to maintain this love. This is what everyone is looking for. Be grateful.

6. You don't need many friends. Keep those few friends you really trust close and you're set.

7. Do what makes you happy as often as possible. This doesn't only mean choose a job you enjoy but also: watch your favorite sitcom, have great sex, eat delicious food, do all the good stuff.

8. If you let yourself truly enjoy sex, your live will improve.

9. We are all lost. Honestly noone really knows what they're doing. Espeacially in your 20s.

10. You have to put yourself first.

11. Take care of your physical and mental health. If you need a break, take it.

12. The amount of things you can learn is infinite. Once you make learning new things a habit, you will start to be interested in almost everything.

13. Don't lie. Lying is humanity's worst trait.

14. Be kind to others. We're all struggeling.

15. Science is absolutely mesmerizing. Open your eyes and be grateful for the amazing world you live in.

16. Stop being ignorant towards what's happening out there. You are not the center of the universe.

17. Live life intensely.

18. Don't waste time with anger, sadness or self-pitying. Life's too short for this stupid shit.

19. It's okay to fail. We all fail.  But you have to get back up and keep going.

20. Look for inspiration everywhere and you will find it permanently.

21. Books are a way of escaping reality now and then and we should celebrate them for this.

22. Be passionate about something. Do something because you deeply believe in it, because you are absolutely convinced it will make the world a better place.

23. It's normal to feel down sometimes. But if you are chronically depressed, seek help.

24. Life can be overwhelming. But remember: feeling overwhelmed is often the start of something great.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen