Blogloving

And then everything changed

Donnerstag, 23. April 2015

The 5 Best Songs of The Pretty Reckless' "Going to Hell" Album

At the moment I am listening to The Pretty Reckless' "Going to Hell" album everyday on my way to and from work. I have to add that it takes me 45mins to get to my office, so there's a lot of jamming to awesome Rock tunes involved.

Most of you probably know The Pretty Reckless and its lead singer Taylor Momsen but have you listened to the most recent album "Going to Hell" yet? Well, if not, do so right now because it doesn't only have 5 great songs but basicaly every single song of this album is something special.

Still, there are some songs which truely stand out and which I concider the best songs of the "Going to Hell" album. And as I love little more than making lists, I am (a bit too) excited to present you The 5 Best Songs of The Pretty Reckless' "Going to Hell" Album:

1. Heaven Knows


Place #1 of this hitlist was out of question. "Heaven Knows" is definitely the album's best song. It might even be one of the world's greatest Rock songs of our time. "Heaven Knows" is simply huge, and I'm talking The Rolling Stone's "Satisfaction" or Queen's "We will rock you" huge. It's epic. I love the way Taylor Momsen's dirty voice and the clear voices of the choir work together. This is pure Rock and only the genre's very best song's can compare to it.
Plus: Check out this sexy music video below.


2. Fucked Up World


I love this song so much, it kind of makes me doubt my outlook on life. "Fucked Up World" is, as the title implies, about all the dishonest and devious people who surround us these days. I really try to see the best in everyone but still I do notice how more and more people become irreliable and selfish. On days when I want to celebrate this Fucked Up World we live in, which are really most days, I listen to this song.


3. Sweet Things


Do you know the famous poem "Erlkönig" by Goethe? If not read it now, it's pretty much the best piece of poetry ever written in German language. There are also lots of translations. Well if this poem was transformed into a modern song, it would be "Sweet Things". The male singer tries to persuade Taylor Momsen to come to the evil side. And I love how in the end she goes from being the victim seduced by evil to being the evil herself. Also the first two lines are great: "Evil knocking on my door. Evil making me his whore."


4. Waiting for a friend


I listen to this ballad every evening when I'm on my way home after an exhausting day at work. And though the lyrics are actually depressing, "Waiting for a friend" always manages to make me feel at peace. The guitar is perfection. Also this song prooves that The Pretty Reckless can't only produce hard and loud Rock songs but also a quiet and pure Country tune. It's beautiful.


5. Going to Hell


There are a lot of songs I considered for place #5 ("Follow me down", "Blame me" or "Why'd you bring a Shotgun to the Party") but in the end "Going to Hell" won, because it's Rock at its finest. Right from the start the guitar makes me feel like I can do anything in life if I only bring in enough passion and maybe even aggression. I also like the play with religion in this song.



What's your favourite song of The Pretty Reckless' "Going to Hell"?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen